Desensitizer Application in Clear Lake City, TX
You are sipping a cup of hot coffee or eating ice cream, and suddenly you feel a sharp tingling sensation in your teeth – it can be quite challenging. Sensitivity in teeth can occur for different reasons, but one of the most common causes is gum recession. The good news is that our dental experts can treat tooth sensitivity with desensitizer application in Houston, TX, to seal the exposed tooth roots. Lifeline Dental provides professional treatments and a proper oral care regime to help you enjoy your favorite foods and drinks without any discomfort. Schedule a consultation with us today and get a personalized treatment plan for your needs.
Request An Appointment
What Are The Causes of Sensitive Teeth?
Gums are the protective tissues that cover our tooth roots and prevent them from damage. If they begin to recede, the tooth roots become exposed. Unlike tooth crowns (the visible part of the teeth), roots are not covered by enamel and can be directly affected by changes in temperature. For this reason, gum recession leads to heightened tooth sensitivity and also increases the risk of root caries. Common causes of gum recession include:
- Regular wear and tear from aggressive brushing or using a hard toothbrush
- Gingivitis (inflammation of the gums) or periodontal disease
- Gum recession due to aging
- Poor oral hygiene leading to increased plaque buildup
- Improper use of whitening products or bleaching agents that may cause gum damage
- Ill-fitting restorations such as dental crowns, bridges, or dentures
In any of these cases, our Houston, TX, specialists can effectively manage tooth sensitivity with desensitizer application.
Questions About Desensitizer Application ?
Process of Professional Desensitizer Application in Houston, TX
In cases of moderate to severe tooth sensitivity, you will require the help of our qualified dentists to restore the health of your teeth. We will perform a clinical examination to determine the extent of gum recession and understand its potential causes. We may also record dental X-rays to check for the presence of bone loss (in case of periodontal disease).
If the tooth roots are exposed, we will apply a desensitizing agent or a fluoride varnish to seal the open nerve endings that cause sensitivity. Tooth desensitization in Houston, TX, also strengthens your teeth, preventing them from further damage. The treatments only take a few minutes and provide long-lasting results.
They performed an emergency extraction for me, rescuing me from extreme pain from an exposed nerve. They are professional, compassionate, comprehensive and good! Couldn’t ask for better service from an emergency dental visit!
Tips to Manage Tooth Sensitivity
Tooth sensitivity occurs due to various causes, and its risk increases as you age. Some easy measures that can help reduce sensitivity include:
- Brush your teeth regularly with a regular or soft-bristled brush.
- Use a proper brushing technique and avoid overzealous brushing as it may irritate gums.
- You can use a prescribed toothpaste for sensitive teeth. Use it as directed by our
Avoid acidic foods that may damage the tooth enamel.
- In case of gingivitis, rinsing your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash can help.
- If your dental restorations do not fit properly, visit us so we can repair or replace them immediately.
Keep Your Teeth And Gums Healthy
Gum recession can impact your smile and also causes tooth sensitivity, limiting you from enjoying your favorite meals. With a desensitizer application in Houston, TX, you can eat and drink the things you like without any worries! Call us at (281) 409-3777 to book an appointment today.