Wisdom Teeth Extraction in Clear Lake City, TX
Wisdom teeth, commonly known as third molars, are the last to erupt in the oral cavity. Unfortunately, in most cases, there isn’t enough room for the teeth to erupt properly, which leaves them partially or fully impacted in the jawbone. These impacted teeth may cause pain and other complications, which is why our skilled dentists recommend getting wisdom teeth extraction in Houston, TX. At Lifeline Dental, we use the latest anesthesia techniques and advanced equipment to make the extraction procedure painless and comfortable. Rest assured that your oral care is in experienced hands at our practice. If you are concerned about impacted wisdom teeth, call us to schedule a consultation today.
Request An Appointment
Is It Necessary To Get Wisdom Teeth Removed?
Extraction of wisdom teeth is not crucial in every case. If the teeth have erupted normally and do not cause pain or bite disturbance, then there is no need to remove them. However, if they are impacted, they can cause complications in the long run. Our Houston, TX, dentists recommend third molar extractions in case of the following scenarios:
- Sharp or dull, lingering pain in the third molar region.
- Infection of the gums covering or surrounding the impacted molars.
- Decayed or damaged teeth that may threaten the health of second molars.
- Insufficient jaw space for the eruption of wisdom teeth.
- Bite changes or functional disturbance.
- Presence of tumors or cysts around the impacted molars.
Questions About Wisdom Teeth Extraction ?
Who Is A Good Candidate for Third Molar Extractions in Houston, TX?
We begin with an initial consultation, during which we will perform a clinical and radiographic assessment to determine the position of the third molar. If it is impacted or erupted at an irregular angle, we will suggest its removal. Based on the results of these evaluations, our Houston, TX, dentists will choose one of these approaches for wisdom tooth extraction:
- Simple extraction: It is a non-invasive method for the removal of fully erupted wisdom teeth. The extraction pattern is similar to regular extractions and does not require stitches.
- Surgical extraction: If the third molar is partially or completely impacted in the jawbone, we will use surgical techniques to extract the tooth. The procedure is longer and requires stitches for proper healing.
They performed an emergency extraction for me, rescuing me from extreme pain from an exposed nerve. They are professional, compassionate, comprehensive and good! Couldn’t ask for better service from an emergency dental visit!
What Happens During Wisdom Tooth Extraction?
During your initial visit, we will finalize the extraction technique and discuss other details regarding the procedure. For painless third molar extractions, we offer different anesthesia options to help you feel at ease during treatment in Houston. After administering anesthesia, we will gently manipulate the tooth out of its socket.
In case of surgical extraction, our dentists will place an incision to access the bone. We may remove a small amount of the bone to remove the tooth safely. Once the extraction is complete, we will close the incision with sutures and provide post-op guidelines for a smooth recovery period.
Contact Our Team Today
Impacted teeth are one of the most common reasons for emergency dental visits. Before any major complication arises, get safe wisdom teeth extraction in Houston, TX, to maintain your oral health. Call us at (281) 409-3777 to book an appointment.